27 September 2010
With its own 8 analytical and service laboratories and shares in other 3 external ones, IMC is currently the best equipped organization in Bulgaria in the field of detail study of structure, composition, properties, behavior and interactions of solid matter (regardless of its origin and size) and systems it forms.
Based on the outlined areas of activities, the main scientific priorities of IMC are:
NEW MATERIALS AND TECHNOLOGIES
– Growing, synthesis and characterization of single and polycrystalline materials (optical and laser-grade single crystals, micro- and mesoporous phases, glasses, etc.).
– Modification of minerals and materials aiming at improving their sorption, catalytic and ion-exchange properties as well as searching for possibilities for their optimal application.
UNDERSTANDING THE EARTH
– Investigation of minerals and mineral systems aiming at determination of their composition, structure, properties, relationships, processes of formation and alteration, and modes of distribution.
– Development of genetic models and criteria for prognosis, prospecting and exploration of mineral deposits.
– Investigation of important for environmental protection and ecologically friendly utilization natural and technogenic mineral systems accentuating at coals, ores, and waste products of their processing.
TRAINING AND EDUCATION
– National Program Accreditation for education and training of PhD students in “Mineralogy and Crystallography”.
–Educational programs and training courses for students (PhD and MSc) and specialists from Bulgarian and foreign universities and institutes.
More information can be found at
Last Updated on Wednesday, 16 March 2011 15:45